Control From Outside

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Aug 17 18:49:51 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

On Windows and Linux, you can start a standalone from the command line with parameteres. The parameters can be found in $0, $1 etc. You can do the same on Mac OS X, but you will have probems with the GUI. On Windows, you can also use the relaunch message to decide how a standalone should respond to the command line. The problem with the command line is that you can fire the app only once and can't interact. Using sockets, you may have more control. On Mac OS X, you can use Apple events, but you might also use sockets.

If you explain what you want to do exactly, I or someone else might give you better advice.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Use Color Converter to convert CMYK, RGB, RAL, XYZ, H.Lab and other colour spaces. http://www.color-converter.com

We have time for new software development projects. Contact me for a quote.