OS X Equivalent of "Run As Administrator"?

Chay Wesley chay at embeddeddatasystems.com
Thu Aug 15 08:29:09 EDT 2013

sudo

------Original Message------
From: Scott Rossi
Sender: use-livecode
To: LiveCode Mail List
ReplyTo: How to use LiveCode
Subject: OS X Equivalent of "Run As Administrator"?
Sent: Aug 14, 2013 6:19 PM

Hi List:

I'm wondering if there's kind of equivalent for "run as administrator" for
LiveCode apps on OS X.  I have a case where a user wants to run my
downloaded app under a user account.  I assume the "official" process is
to get an Apple Mac dev account and get some kind of code signing
happening for LiveCode, but barring that headache, is there any way to
one-time run the app with administrative privileges?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design