Corrupted Stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 12 16:42:58 EDT 2013

On 8/12/13 1:56 PM, Joe Hamburger wrote:

> Can you think of anything that would cause a force quit?

Does lLiveCode actually quit to the desktop? Or do you mean a hang,
where the beachball spins forever and you have to manually force-quit?

They're caused by different things. If it's the beachball hang, then the
IDE is likely in an infinite loop (I've seen a few of those.) If it's a
crash to the desktop, then there's an engine bug.

Something is triggering it, so I'd still like to know the actual line of
script you're using for that command. Is it this:

   put "this is the text" into fld <fldName> of cd <cardName> of stack
<someStack>

?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com