Turning off rendering VT as a return?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Aug 11 20:02:31 EDT 2013

Before the big field rewrite a couple versions back, any Vertical Tab
("VT", ASCII 11) characters in a field just rendered as a non-printable
character.

But after the big field rewrite, VTs are now used as a way to provide
return-like appearance within a field table, so now VTs have more or
less the same visual appearance as CR.

IIRC this was explained in the Release Notes for the version this change
was introduced in, but despite my best effort to alert RunRev most of
the details describing the new field behaviors are not in the current
documentation set.

So in short:  Anyone here know how to turn off the rendering of VTs as
returns so I can see only true ASCII 10s as the line breaks, like I've
enjoyed for the last 25 years?

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin