PNG Image Optimization

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 11 17:18:34 EDT 2013

On 8/11/13 2:11 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> For myself, I'd rather use a tool
> that will batch process files locally and produce decent results,
> which ImageOptim seems to do.

The same author has made a Mac GUI for imageAlpha, which is based on the
same source code as the tinyPng web site. I've been playing with
imageAlpha today and for the images I'm using it works great. I can
reduce them down to 8 bit or even 4 bit without any visual differences.
There is a batch mode you can run from Terminal.

It might be useful for those who would rather run the app locally than
through the tinyPng web site.

Mac GUI: <http://pngmini.com/>

Binary for all other platforms: <http://pngquant.org/>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com