An SQL query to return an UPDATE for the results?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 19:32:22 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I can't wrap the selects like that, due to the bug on the return values:
>>
>>     SELECT val1,val2 FROM tableA
>>     SELECT val1  from tableB
>>
>> where tableA is all A and B is all B yields
>>
>>      A,A       <- this is correct
>>      B, A      <- the A is left over from the prior query with more
>> columns.
>>
>> What bug?  I have never experienced that.

Just did it again, and checked.

         put "SELECT * FROM " & dhtbl_dinfo & ";" & cr into dcmd
         put "SELECT * FROM " & dhtbl_dna & ";" & cr after dcmd
         put revDataFromQuery(tab,vtab,debtorDb,dcmd) into theData

I'm only getting the results from the second query.  If done separately,
I get multiple rows from the first query.

This is with postgres.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462