Livecode Developer Certifications

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 9 22:26:37 EDT 2013

Alejandro,

I don't think so.  Yes, it depends on the company and the decision-maker,
but my experience has been that interviews, sample problems, and
discussions with others seem to be far better predictors.

If you want to hire someone with an eye for visual detail, hire someone who
has made beautiful websites or apps.  If you want to hire someone who can
solve difficult logic problems, pose logic problems.  If you want someone
who knows LiveCode, get them started talking about it and see where it goes.

This is just me, here, and I've hired less than a hundred people, total, in
my career, but for me, a pile of certs is a negative.  I am far more likely
to pass that person over.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."