"this me"?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Aug 9 15:13:23 EDT 2013

On Aug 9, 2013, at 12:49 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 8/9/13 1:41 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

>>> I want to be his behavior. Then I can sit here inert, while Devin does all my work for this me.
>>
>> No, the behavior does all the work.
>>
>> set the this me of me to the this me of Jacque
>
> Oh right. This me got confused. We can't have this me doing all the work.
>
> I was telling The Husband about the naming debate and he suggested that since we're talking about parent scripts, we replace "this me" with "mama me".

And with chained behaviors we can also have grandparent scripts, so this me's parent should be meemaw me.

I'm really starting to warm up to this new me-centric syntax.

that me - a behavior script that I don't have access to

recent me - a behavior I used to have

search me - do a find command on the object that owns this script

help me [if you can] - implement contextual help [if activated]

do re me - the new, engine-based replacement for Shakobox music playing.

stop me - Please!

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities