Prepare image usage

Jim sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Mon Aug 5 01:28:57 EDT 2013

I'm trying to understand proper use of "prepare image"

prepare image "myImage"

prepare image file "/Disk/Folder/logo.jpg"

If anyone knows, please tell me if this usage sounds correct.

I have 100 thumbnail images on a server that I want to use and reuse, in a
very quick display manner.

When the iPad app opens I have a handler do a repeat and prepare all of
them using something like this:

prepare image file "http://myRemoteServer.com/Folder/thumb_1.jpg"

This action downloads them and puts them into cache for later use.

When I want to use them later I can do something like this with an image
object:

set the filename of image "firstOne" to

"http://myRemoteServer.com/Folder/thumb_1.jpg"

By doing the above the images are available in cache and do not need to be
downloaded all the time from the server.

Somewhat similar to "load" but evidently optimized for iOS usage.

Is that the right idea?

TIA
sims