Ask for an answer...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Aug 4 02:41:28 EDT 2013

Craig-

Saturday, August 3, 2013, 6:32:56 PM, you wrote:

> But apart from that, I do not see the ambiguity you mention. As for
> how they are described and from what point of view, I do not
> understand what you mean.

I, on the other hand, understand quite well. After many years of
xtalking, I still will use "ask" for "answer" and vice versa, and then
have to correct things after the fact. I want, for example, to ask the
user to specify a folder, but I have to have her answer the folder. I
think these words were bad syntactic choices in the first place, but
we are unfortunately stuck with them now. It *is* possible to create
wrappers to alias them, but you don't get the same calling syntax that
way.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net