Ask for an answer...

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Aug 3 21:32:56 EDT 2013

Jacques.

"Reply" and "Request" are both reserved words, but I get your point.

But what really are your concerns? It is true that the two commands, which were born in 1987, are similar, in that they are  both blocking, requiring user input to dismiss. One requires a choice among explicit answers, the other requires the user to type an answer, giving a much broader range for that answer.

They might be combined into a single compound command, I suppose. But apart from that, I do not see the ambiguity you mention. As for how they are described and from what point of view, I do not understand what you mean.

Craig Newman