Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:22:26 EDT 2013

Might be a strange question, but.. do you have an external (usb) drive
hooked up to the faster machine and not the slower? If so, can you
eject/remove the drive and try again? Also, you said 16gb on the old mac,
are you talking of first load of LC and your program or subsequent?
 (making sure things aren't cached)  I assume plenty of memory in the i7
too though so the cache thing is most likely NOT it anyway.

Either way, i've seen quite dramatic pauses on all kinds of things when the
my mac (i7, 16g, server configuration mac mini) when I have a usb drive
hooked up and something decides it needs to wake up before continuing.
 Unplug, and things fly. Plug it back in, wait a while, start something
and.. delay.