Mucking around with Excel documents

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:50:21 EDT 2013

On 04/17/2013 03:19 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel wrote:
> Yes, that is where I am was running into issues.  I can deal with an XML
> file with no issues.  I need to work with native XLS files.
>

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> You're testing with an xml file, the requirement is to work with xls
>> files. How do you get on with those?

Not at all, not at all!

However, as I am working with LibreOffice, presumably somewhere in the
underpinnings of LibreOffice there is a parser which can convert back
and forth between XLS and XML!

As LibreOffice (and Apache Open Office) is OSS I assume one could use
these parsers [although, if one is going to use them in a commercial
development one would end up with a mixed licence] without
having to pay royalties.

Have a look at this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xlstoxml/

Richmond.