Reading directly from Excel

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:50:38 EDT 2013

On 04/16/2013 10:26 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel wrote:
> Cut and paste not an option.  I have a client that stores all of their work
> in Excel and that will not change.... I need to be able to manipulate that
> data on the fly.
>
> Curry Kenworth, come through for me!  You would be a lifesaver!
>
> SKIP

"Just for fun" I set up a spreadsheet using LibreOffice Calc and saved
it in Microsoft Excel 2003 XML
format and imported that as a TEXT file into a stack: the data I had
entered into the cells of the
spreadsheet could clearly be seen in the resultant textFile amongst all
the control and formatting
characters.

Had I been so motivated I could have written a set of rouitnes to strip
out all the "chaff" and put the data into the cells of a datagrid.

Richmond.