Trapping for Hide Keyboard on iOS?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Mon Apr 15 01:01:56 EDT 2013

Thanks Jacqueline…

The keyboardactivated and keyboardDeactivated messages work well to show the generic field at the top of the card. But because I am activating the keyboard using a field at the bottom of my window, the focus stays within that bottom field and not in my newly displayed field at the top of the card.

The idea I was trying for was that if there were fields at the bottom of my card that the iOS keyboard hides when it is displayed, I could provide a generic field at the top of the card/window, set focus to that top field,  store the text in a variable when dismissing the keyboard and hiding the field. Then take the text stored in the variable and put it into the original field at the bottom of the card that started the whole process.

Unfortunately the minute I try to set focus on the generic top half field, the keyboard disappears.

I'll take a closer look at Gerry's suggestion and the native input control.

Thank you!