V6 against V5

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 10 10:53:23 EDT 2013

Hi from very rainy (but Beautiful) Brittany,

I'm a tad confused. I bought into Revolution some
years ago (version 2), after many years of programming
in Hypercard. I love LiveCode and can't do without it !
I have my Internet sites housed in the "on-rev" service
and back up my data into my "server". But this is a paid
service (and worth every penny I laid out), and has
nothing to do with Free V6 !

I don't sell what I build (although I code every day).
I programmed professionally for many years, and
although I am retired, I still get a kick out of writing
programs. All I do stays in my computers, although I
create .app and .exe versions for ease of use with
my various computers.

Now, my questions !  What CAN'T I do with V6 (free)
LiveCode, that I CAN do with the 5.5 Personal version ?

What CAN I do with V6 (free), that I CAN'T do with my
paid 5.5 Personal version ?

If I don't lose anything with free V6 (and later), how
many current paying clients does Revolution estimate
losing with the free version (including me), with respect
to enticing new clients to try V6 and then go to the
Professional Version. Is this not an economic risk ?

I am not rocking the boat, I'm just very curious.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !".