How do you handle caring about PPC?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:00:53 EDT 2013

On 04/08/2013 12:10 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to hear, how you care today about PPC / Intel Macs when
> creating your standalones. Do you still today compile for PPC and Intel or
> has the time passed to support that platform?
>
> Btw. When was the last PPC build? And with what systemversion?
>
> Thanks for your experiences
>
> Tiemo

I always offer a PPC build of my latest build of my Devawriter Pro [
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/dwriterpro.html ] as I know that
at least 3 people who use my software use PPC Macs on
a day-to-day basis.

Apart from my 'faux' Mac 10.6 (VMware Player) I only have PPC Macs which
continue serve me very well indeed:

1 tray loading G3 iMac (stays with my Mum and Dad in England: I use it
for internet access and Livecode programming when I'm there - works with
LC/RR 4.0 on Mac OS 10.3.9)

4 slot loading G3 iMacs working on Mac OS 10.4.11

1 MacMini (last PPC model) working on Mac OS 10.4.11

I run off Mac PPC standalones of my EFL software as well as Linux ones:
I don't run off Mac Intel
ones as I don't have any of those Macs.

Richmond.