Can I show a tooltip for datagrid cells?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Apr 7 18:05:56 EDT 2013

Roger.

Sure you can, but datagrids are complex.

You can "set the toolTip of field "col 1 0001" to "whatever"

and the tip will appear when you hover over the first field of the first column. This is the default name schema of fields in datagrids, and those names can be changed.

But when editing, a separate "phantom" field is created on the fly at the rect of the field to be edited, and this will hamper the tip from showing, because the phantom overlies it, so the tooltip will not be invoked.

All this is manageable, I guess, The name of the editing field is "dataGridFieldEditor", and you could have that field's toolTip reflect the underlying field.

Craig Newman