Conditional compile

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 20:43:43 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
> I'm struggling with the best way to deal with the codebase for this
> situation.   I can set a custom property to define which version I'm in but
> since I can't password protect my source code in the open source version,
> it would be a simple matter for someone to crack that scheme.

This isn't a problem.

You don't need to make your free version open source; just compile it
with the commercial product like the other one.

Among other ways, you could have a global gFeatureLevel compiled in.

Or, similarly to my plans, they could have an activation key.  If they
have that serial number stashed where it belongs, the program resets
gFeatureLevel from 1 to 2--now you have a single binary to deal with.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462