Storing location for a preferences file in a standalone stack?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Sep 30 23:35:32 EDT 2012

If the assistant has its own user on the machine and that user has no
priviledge outside its home folder than you will not be able to write to a
system wide location no matter what you try.

Unless the person on the keyboard has an administrator level access or
password at hand, then you will not be able to write anywhere outside that
persons folder.Your unpriviledged user can't write to /Library or /System,
only the super user can.

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.