Bug or just something you can't do ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Sep 30 18:55:57 EDT 2012

This very simple script doesn't work. Question is whether it should or not ?
> command increment @p
>    add 1 to p
> end increment
>
> on mouseUp
>    local t, tA
>    put 2 into t
>    increment t
>    put t &CR after msg
>
>    put 5 into tA[1]
>    increment tA[1]
>    put tA[1] &CR after msg
>
> end mouseUp
Intutively, to me, it should work. The element of the array can be
treated just like a simple variable - use its value, assign to it, etc.
-  but it cannot be used as the actual parameter to a pass-by-reference
parameter.

I can't find anywhere in the documentation that says that - but I can't
actually find anywhere that it would say that - the docs I've found are
pretty quiet on the subject of what an array is, or what an element is.

Is this a deficiency you would expect ?
Or should I submit as a bug/request ?

Thanks
-- Alex.