connecting to mysql

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sat Sep 29 11:13:15 EDT 2012

Mark Schonewille-3 wrote
> What made you think that you could use the RunRev server to test your own
> MySQL scripts? Have you got any documentation from RunRev about this?

Hi Mark, I think the part that confused me was the line "RunRev has set up a
sample database which these scripts will use". Thinking about this, I think
what they meant is that they setup a sample database to test these scripts
but... to use them yourself you will need to setup your own server" or
something like that. I thought I could just copy and paste the scripts to
test them.

That being said, I've never setup my computer as a server on the internet.
Is this something I can expect to fairly easily do through my web host?

Thanks

-- Mark