More weirdness

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Sep 28 19:52:04 EDT 2012

Thanks for the suggestions.

I painstakingly went through my code starting at the last line and working
back from there, setting a red dot breakpoint on each line, then seeing if
that point was reached.

I finally discovered that the last line of code that
is executed successfully is "go stack tStack", where tStack contains a
valid file path as returned in the it variable after the user selects a
file from a dialog.

WIth a red dot breakpoint on that statement, the break happens and when I
click the green arrow, all works fine.  If I put a red dot breakpoint on
the very next line, it doesn't break and no further code is executed.  In
both cases, the stack is opened OK.

SInce I remember that it is sometimes the next statement that is causing
a problem in these situations, it is "set the defaultstack to "xyz",  which
is the stack containing the button whose script is being executed.

I should say that I have now duplicated this when the stack is running
toplevel, not as a modeless plugin.  And also that  there was a front
script involved which could have potentially affected things but I removed
the front script and the problem remained.

Any further thoughts most welcome!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>