DataGrids with no UI

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Thu Sep 27 21:24:18 EDT 2012

Hi all! I take the occasion to inform the list that I shall make available a
new data structure that i called dbStack. It is a stack that uses arrays in
custom properties, on cards, to store any kind of data. But it keeps the
analogy of stack/cards/fields. The basic idea I followed was that fields are
"doubled" by arrays in custom props, so that "physical" fields can be turned
off or on. There is a simple API to add, modify delete output data and
produce various kinds of arrays to work with datas.

The main target is to use on revserver as data stacks for the many sites
that do not need a full dbase and that need more a hierarchical database
than a full relational one. On of the advantage is you can edit the stack
off line and dump it online. So it's a good companion for simple dynamic
websites where it is handy to have just a bit more than files but not to
bother about an sql dbase. it's also handy to be able to store & retrieve
directly arrays.

My main use if for a simple hierarchical database with navigation data
(fathers, sons.; etc..), to store original datas and pre-complied html pages
of websites and find a good balance between dynamic and static html. So it
is coupled with a special home made ftp html editor.

I found out it is also a very handy data storage for programming when it is
used as a dbase substack.

I do not know yet if I will give it to the community of add it to the list
of commercial plugins, it'll depend on how much time it takes to polish
document etc... But i'll welcome any encouragement! is anybody interested???
Robert