artificially causing a field to be left in a script

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 23:13:14 EDT 2012

Hi.

Can't you use "exitField"?

Craig Newman

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com>
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm
Subject: artificially causing a field to be left in a script

TO avoid pounding the database, my card full of data fields only saves
data if any has changed.  This is done by closeField setting a flag.

However, if someone changes data in one field, but then clicks to go
on to the next data, closefield is never reached.

If I can send a tab to the field with focus, it would solve the
problem--but what is the "safest" way to do this?

   send tabkey to the focusedObject

?

Or would be dispatch be better then send?

Or am I missing something here (that odd, nagging feeling at the back
of my head . . .)

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462