Oval Bug in iOS

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Tue Sep 25 13:14:36 EDT 2012

Apparently there is little interest in this obscure behavior, but for the record, ovals with line sizes of about 30 or more show a small empty sector at about the 3 o’clock position in iOS.

In previous posts, I thought this problem was related to my script used to incrementally grow rings. Not so. Static or dynamic ovals, opaque or not, with line sizes of about 30 show this defect, and it gets worse with increasing lineSizes.

Just a word of caution to you fat lineSize oval users out there!! (To be clear, fat is meant to be the modifier of lineSize . . . not users in the previous sentence.)

Regards,
Roger