lock/unlock screen

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 22 14:30:02 EDT 2012

On 9/22/12 12:36 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> My understanding of preOpenCard is that it happens before the stack is
> displayed so  this behavior puzzles me.

PreOpenCard happens after the stack window is drawn and before the card
is drawn. PreOpenStack happens before the stack is displayed.

"Lock screen" should really be named "lock window". It does not prevent
a redraw of the entire screen, it prevents a redraw of the contents of
the window. I think the docs talk about that.

If you want to position a stack before it's shown, do it in
preOpenStack. Then there's no reason to lock the screen since the window
hasn't been drawn yet. Actually, there's no reason to lock the screen
during any "pre-" handler provided the script is dealing with the
appropriate level (stack, card, or background) because that's primarily
what the "pre" events are there for.

>  I had to move the code that
> adjusts the stack's topLeft into another handler and execute it via a "send
> in zero" command in order to get round some other issues with preOpenCard -
> could it be that delays the setting  of topLeft long enough that it doesn't
> happen until after preOpenCard is done?

Probably. I'm a little lost on exactly what the problem was though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com