Export Snapshot

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Sep 22 13:43:08 EDT 2012

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply. If I don't want to invoke the filing system (and I don't), then how can I make a new image out of my exported rect? A variable isn't an image, after all - and yet the snapshot is nothing but a bitmap really. I know there are other ways of creating images extracted from existing displays (I'm using one of them quite successfully) but export snapshot seems so neat.

As I am clearly in a more than usually stupid phase (or the machinery is running down faster than usual), can you explain how I can make an image out of my snapshot without creating an intermediate file, and while you're at it, explain what use is a snapshot when it's locked up in a variable.

TIA

Graham