Oval Bug in iOS

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:54:27 EDT 2012

Roger, I noticed your post previously and wondered why you did not get any responses.  Pity...

I can't check what you are experiencing not having messed around with an iOS delivery yet, but it sounds like it is a bug tied to a refresh problem.  Remember we used to get these issues going back to SuperCard days and ended up redrawing a new grc and deleting the old one.  If you can isolate when it happens exactly, i.e. you can repeat it, then maybe you can try reading the properties of the oval, then draw a new oval based on that, and see if the new one has the same gaps.  It's a kluge, but maybe something that'll keep you going while Rev fixes the bug which I would hope you will post.  If you do, please let me know and I'll vote for it.

best, Bob...

> Greetings!
>
> If you grow an oval with a repeat loop that incrementally increases its width and height, it works fine in the IDE and standalone Mac app. But, if you run the same code in the iOS simulator or an iPad, there is a small sector missing at 3 o'clock. It looks like the oval has settings of a startAngle of about 1 or 2, with an arcAngle of about 358 or 359. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Roger

Bob Earp
White Rock, British Columbia.