Show/hide problem

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Sep 20 19:40:49 EDT 2012

What is the nature of the group you are showing or hiding? Is it a datagrid? It's my opinion that preOpenStack should be used only for things that need to happen before the stack opens. If it can be put into an openStack handler, put it there. If you are trying to show a group on a card in a preOpenCard or preOpenStack handler, technically the group doesn't exist in memory yet. (Someone will correct me if I am wrong). What I do if I do not want the end user to see a bunch of setup stuff like showing and hiding objects on a card, is I put a lock screen in the preOpenCard handler, then I do all my setup stuff in the openCard handler. As soon as all the scripts are done, the screen will automatically unlock and refresh.

Not sure if any of that helps.

Bob