SQL question

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Sep 19 06:07:56 EDT 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 19.09.2012 um 07:40 schrieb Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com>:

> I'm not sure that will work.  If Column2 started with "MyCriteria", I don't
> think it would be selected.  Any queries of the form LIKE '%mycriteria%'
> would work though.

using wildcards is not my problem ;-)

> Klaus, have you implemented a solution to this yet?  I don't recall you
> mentioning which flavor of SQL you're using and that makes a difference.

ah, sorry, I will use a local SQLite database.

> Pete
> lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
>

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Mark Stuart <mfstuart at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Klaus try concatenating the columns like this:
>> SELECT Column1, Column2, Column3 FROM Table WHERE (Column1 + Column2 LIKE
>> 'MyCriteria%')

Hi Mark,

sounds good, will try this.

I want to provide a "Search" field where the user can use a popup to
select a specific "database field" or a "global" search.

Thanks for all the hints, so far, I'm sure I will use one of them :-)

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major