OT: Supercomputer built from Raspberry Pis and Lego

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 14 21:09:05 EDT 2012

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> I though that the first reply should
> have been written by Richard Gaskin.
>
> :-D

I think I missed it.  Hope it was good.

While I think this is a super computer, I'm not sure I'd call it a
supercomputer.

But if it is, it furthers the dominance of Linux in the supercomputer
segment (currently 95%).

That, with Linux' 59% share of the smartphone market, dominance in the
server market, and almost complete saturation of embedded systems, the
only remaining segment Linux doesn't own is the desktop.

With Raspberry Pi (and System76 and ZaReason and Dell and Acer and Asus)
give it time...

  ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin