[OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:24:12 EDT 2012

On 09/13/2012 08:48 PM, -=>JB<=- wrote:
> About a year ago the hard drive on my mac mini failed.  I would be using the
> computer and all of a sudden things would slow down for a little bit and then
> run normal again.  I can't remember if there was a beachball showing but it
> might have been.
>
> You should back up your drive now if you haven't already done so.  I found
> a Mac Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex external usb drive on ebay pretty cheap
> and have my OS X running from it without any problems.  You can get one
> with 500 GB on ebay for around $40-$65.

Over here in Bulgaria, one can buy containers for both PATA and SATA
disks for about 10 Euros.
These are really very useful as one put any old hard disk one happens to
have lying around in
one of them, and "Kaboom", rather like Batman, one has an instant backup
solution.

If you are "really low" like me you can always carry a screwdriver set
in you pocket, so when you just
happen to see an old computer parked by a dustbin you can extract the
hard-disk (which in my
experience is 9 out of 10 times functional) and put it to good use.