[OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Thu Sep 13 03:36:32 EDT 2012

Scott,

Until recently I was working on a Mac Mini with a very similar setup and very similar issues. I managed to give it a new lease of life for a while, by backing up pretty much all my files elsewhere and then deleting them from the mini - clean desktop, clean downloads, clean documents… I also ran a utility that went through application files and folders deleting unnecessary fat like instructions in chinese or svengali, which lets face it I hardly ever need. She came back to life, more or less. However, she was still struggling, basically, with modern life. New applications were overwhelming her. I came to the conclusion that essentially she was tired, and it was time for a nice shiny new laptop. Problem solved.

Regards,

Heather