[OT] EULA and legality

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Sep 12 09:44:07 EDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 08:24 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> There are other questions we can answer for ourselves, like:
>
> Do we want to enter into a relationship with a vendor who has already
> clearly expressed in writing that they don't want us?
>
> Forcing someone into a relationship just makes for an unhealthy
> relationship.
>
> There are other fish in the sea.
>
> Choose one.  Be happy.
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin

Indeed! Instead of "can I get away with this" maybe ask "why bother".
I'm sure my negative interpretation of many of Apple's policies and
decisions over the years is a sign of some grave personality disorder,
but what I viewed as demonstrations of coercion and manipulation helped
make it easy to move away from OS X as it became necessary to move from
PPC to Intel. It was my decision to have no part of it.

When the questions don't seem to have good answers it's often because
you're not asking good questions ;)

Warren