LC Forum reading (was Re: OT: Adobe kills mobile Flash)

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Sep 11 17:03:57 EDT 2012

On 09/11/2012 12:45 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I already do use the RSS feed. But if you want to participate, it's
> pretty useless. You have to open a web browser, find the post, log in,
> and reply.

Really? Your news reader doesn't display the forum and allow you to
post, or it won't properly open an external browser directly to the
post? Neither your reader nor your browser will let you use the option
to stay logged in between visits?

Convenience is a subjective matter, but "useless" is an overly harsh and
unwarranted qualification. I don't have any trouble reading and posting
to the forum from my news reader, and haven't in any news reader I've
ever used. (There have been many, in OS X and now in Linux.)

Warren