Multiple Windows iOS

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Mon Sep 10 23:20:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm working on a project  that is an electronic music history textbook (Colin would know whom I'm working with). It's initially for student laptops, but we intend to create an iPad version later.

The main stack on the computer now is a 1024 x 728-pixel window with a number of other smaller windows/stacks (a glossary, a music score, etc.) that show as needed.

Having not done an iPad app and not really seeing much of this kind of thing, is this an acceptable interface in an iPad app--tappable layered windows, draggable around the screen as the user would prefer, or closeable if wanted?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA