[OT] EULA and legality

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 10 23:15:16 EDT 2012

There are car stereos that have a record button just like the cassette
recorders of the past.  Is it dishonest to press record and get a
less-than-perfect mp3 recording that is perfectly acceptable to the
listener (for free)?  I don't think so.  If I really loooooove the song,
I'll buy a CD rather than download from the internet from a shady source.

Similarly, there is nothing wrong with Apple (as a business) charging a
higher price for their OS for use on non-Apple hardware.  I would gladly
pay Windows prices, but for the increased cost, I would expect *some* level
of support.  I would be just as content with the cheap version and
*no*support, because the community would provide all that is needed.
They are
good people, much like the users on this list.

This podcast is an eye-opener (ear, perhaps) for those who still believe
hackintosh people are thieves.  No, they just want a product they are happy
with, and sometimes the cookie-cutter off-the-shelf stuff (even from Apple)
just isn't good enough for their dream machine.

http://tinyurl.com/ch6ugbt

~Roger