OT: Adobe kills mobile Flash

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:17:50 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Mark Wieder wrote

> Colin Holgate wrote:
>> You have to keep up:
>> http://betanews.com/2012/08/31/adobe-flash-for-android-lives-again-in-united-kingdom/
>
> "lives again" in the title is a stretching things a bit. The BBC
> whined, Adobe rolled over, but only temporarily and only in the UK.
> Adobe says AIR is still supported on Android, but they're already
> dropped it for linux. The writing's on the wall.

What stops other companies to create their own Flash Player for Android?
A player created with more efficient code than Adobe's player.

Does anyone here speaks Assembler for ARM processors?

Surely, many had noticed quality problems in adobe software,
but is worth remember when it was different:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/2515398
http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?57600-Illustrator-CS5-and-Adobe-Reader-X-shared-PDF-rendering-Bug&s=c3aa626f7602ba49876b0102bbf2f409

If I understand Adobe, they simply give up, without even trying.
That is not the way to keep a software company running...
at least for long time.

If they keep acting in that way, I foresee a future without
Adobe software in ANY platform. Slowly, but surely
they will lost ground in every market... until the day comes
when they face their fate and reality wakes them up.
But it would be too late.

Acting overly indulgent and with complacency in the software
market is the recipe for an early demise... :-((

By the way, Where is the new generation of LiveCoders?
Hopefully, they are learning the language and debugging
their stacks with extreme care, but...
What would happen to this platform if they do not appear
and never post a stack or ask a question?

Al