Screen not updating with unlock screen

Gabriel Johnson gwjapp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:49:08 EDT 2012

Hey All-

Sorry if this is a duplicate, my first version of this email from a
few days ago has not been approved yet (I'm assuming I can't attach
videos).

I am having an issue getting output to display during a loop. I've
tried lock/unlock screen but unlock screen does not seem to cause the
screen to update. The only thing that works is "wait 0 seconds" but
this causes bizarre behavior in some cases (mouseDown/mouseUp not
behaving correctly [even when I use wait "with messages"]).

I'm starting to wonder if this is a bug in LiveCode? Here is a video:
http://www.jrirecordings.com/public/putXShowsOnScreenCapture.mp4 which
shows some possibly odd behavior. The example in the video is simple:

repeat with x = 1 to 1000
   put x
end repeat

When I run this in the message box, what I see on the screen is a
blank result for a couple of seconds, then 1000 appears. When I do a
screen capture of that loop running, I still don't see anything on the
monitor until it is done, but on the screen capture, it shows the
number incrementing over the course of those couple of seconds until
it hits 1000. (Note: I've run this with the "put x" wrapped in
lock/unlock screen and that doesn't show anything on the screen
either).

Is there some way aside from "wait 0 seconds" to force the screen to
show output?

Thanks

Gabe