[OT] EULA and legality

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Sep 10 13:07:04 EDT 2012

I find it no end of a marvel that any of this works at all! Let's look at what our "data" really is: We coat some metal discs with some form if oxide (read that "rust") and then spin it real fast while several magnets turn on and off at exactly the right instant, real fast. And how do we put this data to work, so we can interpret and use it? Well we force electricity through microscopically thin wafers of silicone at precisely the right instances in time. There are many billions of these instances of time each second, and they have to be right 99.999998% of the time, and yes I just pulled that percentage out of the air. But you get the point.

Bob