[OT] EULA and legality

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Sep 9 13:57:24 EDT 2012

On 09/09/2012 12:45 PM, Richmond wrote:
>> I'm sure there are many factors involved, but I think one of the
>> primary reasons Apple doesn't want the OS used on other hardware is to
>> avoid the mess that Microsoft got themselves into by licensing to any
>> PC distributor. By retaining control of both software and hardware, it
>> "just works" -- at least, most of the time.
>>

> Funny how Linux distros don't seem to get in "the mess" regardless.

Richmond, you must be aware that there are all kinds of hardware
compatibility issues one has to consider when contemplating putting
Linux on any computer. It is also true that some of these issues have
resulted in hostility directed at hardware vendors who aren't seen as
friendly enough to the open-source community.

Warren