[OT] EULA and legality

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Sep 8 13:31:23 EDT 2012

I would suspect that until the populace of the hackintosh community reach a
number which either threatens sales of Apple-branded hardware, or that
community becomes a support burden on Apple, they will likely be ignored.

Even the hackintosh community, in their own way, discourage software
piracy.  It may not be in line with the Apple EULA, but the consensus is
that if you want to play, then you should pay.  If you run OS X on non
Apple hardware, elect not to use iCloud (a service for people who own
Apple-branded hardware), but participate in the Apple Store economy by
purchasing software, Apple is making money.  30% per purchase from people
who would otherwise be running Windows is not bad - if - those users can
remain self-sufficient.  Hackintosh users that would expect, and even
demand Apple support... well, that just wouldn't work, obviously.

~Roger