[OT] EULA and legality

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:09:30 EDT 2012

On 09/08/2012 04:35 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Friday, September 7, 2012, 11:55:01 AM, you wrote:
>
>> I am running software I own
> Really?
> Didn't actually read that EULA, did you?

What me? read a EULA? Unfortunately I'm not that wierd, at least in that
respect I am like
other people: I mumble "Yeah, whatever" and hit the ACCEPT button.

And I do know that ignorance is not a defence.

The funny thing is that when I buy CDs and DVDs containing software I am
not required to sign EULAs,
it is only when I try to install software from those media that I am
given the opportunity to read
the EULA.

Sell me a car, and then tell me I cannot keep goats in the back seat!
Something not quite right there.