[OT] EULA and legality

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Sep 7 16:41:34 EDT 2012

In the case of Windows, it's sensitive to the machine it's running on. A couple of times I've had to get in contact with Microsoft because I had increased the size of my hard drive, switched from using Fusion to Parallels (or vice versa), or upgraded my Mac. In those kinds of cases the OS stops working, and you have to get them to reactivate you. I dare say it would be a similar thing if you changed the motherboard on a PC. What I'm referring to may only happen in Vista and later, I don't think XP or Windows 2000 had the same kind of activation system.

With OSX I think you only have the question of whether you care about disregarding the license, the software should work.