an ignored breakpoint

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:05:29 EDT 2012

I've almost never used the "breakpoint" command; it's too cumbersome (or
I'm too lazy).

However, I've seen a pattern to reddot breakpoints being ignored.  Once a
script has run through with a reddot, on a subsequent run the reddot is
ignored (unless the script is re-saved between executions).

So, when I have worked on a particular piece of code, I disable/re-enable
the reddot between executions (unless I've edited the code in between).
 It's tiresome, but less tiresome then using the "breakpoint" command.

I think also that certain livecode formatting (e.g. if I remember
correctly, one line "if-thens"), can cause mischief.

Bernard

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM, J. Landman Gay
I almost never need to insert a breakpoint command, so your mileage may
vary. The red dots don't always work, but for me they do most of the time.