import snapshot

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Sep 3 15:21:20 EDT 2012

All my previous questions answered completely, so far. Praise Isis, praise Osiris, all hail Runrev. Here's another one.

From the dictionary entry for "import snapshot":

> If you do not specify a rectangle or an object, LiveCode displays a crosshairs cursor. Click at one corner of the rectangle to be imported and drag to the opposite corner to select the area.

I tried the command "import snapshot"

It does produce draggable crosshairs. When I drag the crosshairs, I get a black rectangle. When I let go of the mouse, I do get a new image with the dimensions of the dragged rectangle. However, the new image is merely a black rectangle.

Oops. I just tried it again. This time, the new image is not a black rectangle. It seems to contain digital static.

I have been dragging over an image on the active LC card. I just tried it as if a screenshot, a shot of the desktop. Same thing happens.

The OS screenshot works okay, and I can use LC to import or reference the saved screenshot.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Tim