hotkeys for button choices in answer

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Mon Sep 3 13:10:30 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-03, at 12:18 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> But this doesn't
>
> on mouseUp
>   answer "Press cmd+e for Blue, cmd+k for Black or cmd+n for Brown or
> cmd+c for Cancel" with "Blue" or "Black" or "Brown" or "Cancel" as sheet
>   put it into fld "Field4"
> end mouseUp
>
> It would appear that you are limited to the first letter of the button and
> therefore can not have buttons that start with the same letter.

Yes, that's very true, I should have added that statement for a clearer explanation. AFAIK It works because it's a system command, not a LC command. The same shortcuts (cmd+ fist letter) usually work on many dialogue boxes on the Mac, and have done for may years. Win underlines any system shortcuts that are available so Win users are more used to seeing this.

Like Dr. Hawkins, I also noticed that just pressing the first letter sometimes works, but it's not reliable and I haven't spent much time analysing this to determine what causes the unreliability.

Paul