display image question

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sat Sep 1 17:56:32 EDT 2012

Hello,

Forever the noob, I'm working on a project that involves displaying images. This involves unfamiliar issues, which I will probably be able to work out for myself one way or another, but a little boost over the fence would be appreciated.

So, I've saved some images on my hard drive, varying quite a lot in size and proportions. This is for personal use, so I'm not concerned about copyrights. I drag an "image area" to a card in my stack, adjust it to the size and position I want, then enter the "source." It displays okay, but the image area changes to fit the original size of the image, which might be too big or small or of inconvenient proportions.

That's all pretty basic.

--I'd like to have "grow and "shrink" scripts that will keep the center of the image area at some location and that will preserve the proportions of the original image. Maybe also a warning if I try to grow the display beyond the dimensions of the original

Could someone post an off-the-shelf script that will do this please?

I've got another question, but I'll post it separately.

Cheers,

Tim