Android: custom prop vs. .txt?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:45:05 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Wondering aloud here.

I have an Android app that uses a small amount of data (under 10Kb).
The data gets updated regularly. Haven't decided when. Perhaps every
half-second, or perhaps when the user hits the hardware home-button.

Right now, the data is stored both as a custom prop of the card and as
a .txt file. Maybe, though, I can just rely on .txt? Or would the
Android device and/or OS for some reason prefer I use "write to txt"
as little as possible? Perhaps to save energy? Perhaps because it's
slower than saving to a custom prop?

Like I say, just curious.

Thanks.

--